Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lightwave basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Killdar, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Being the resident of Maine I am, There is no close store that has a lightwave in stock, as far as I know. So, the next best thing is to ask here. Any owners of a lightwave bass describe it here. I would like to figure out what they are like, in terms of the range of sound they produce etc. Being right there on the bridge, I would think the sound would be similar to a bridge mag or piezo or somesuch.

Feel free to post sound clips, maybe to demonstrate the full range, from the bass all the way up and treble all the way down and vice-versa, I dunno.

Aw hell, post pics if you got em! :D

2. I believe it is a pretty unique sound. I also am interested in finding out about these things. Heard they were great for fretlesses.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lightwave PUs have no tone.
    They just sound like your instrument.
    Unplug your bass.
    Press your chin agaisnt the upper horn and play.
    What you hear is the type of sound it would have with Lightwave mounted.

Besides, this goes in pickups, where there must already be like 12 Lightwave threads.
    Do a search.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I got two, a 4 and a 5 in this past week. Didn’t get a chance to check them out at NAMM so this was my first. Also I just sold a Zon lightwave, so that was even better because I got to check out the difference between the two (graphite vs. wood). Depending on where your perspective is it’s a toss up. I think both sound very nice. The Lightwave for the price is amazing!

5. Killdar

There is a review of a lightwave Sei 4 string on their website under reviews which might be of interest to you.

www.seibass.com

Matthew

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i currently have 3 lightwave 5 string fretless basses.

each sound slightly diff.

[​IMG]

my latest:

[​IMG]

f