Lightwave fun of the day

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

So if the battery is completely off charge on your Lightwave v2 system, of course it won't work, but the piezo still produces sound. :p
    And, I have to say, it delivers quite an interesting tone. If you turn off the hi pass filter you get a very woody sound with a very honest amount of lows.
    Makes me wonder why the standard blend doesn't allow using the piezo by itself.
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

Hmm, that's interesting. I recently read another post saying something about getting decent lows out of a peizo on some bass. Will have to check that tone out next time the Waves off the wall.

Oh yeh, so how's it different than while only using the piezo with the optic volume off?
  3. Jazz Ad

You can't do that. Piezos only come in addition to the Lightwave, not by themselves.
  4. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    LOL. Well that shows you how often I play it. Will have to check that out too. I swore that thing had a seperate volume control for peizo.
  5. Rogier

Feb 2, 2004
    Somebody! Please, is there somebody who might throw me a link to true soundbites of a lightwave bass! Can't find any decent recordings but im still eagerly interested in the system....
  6. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
  7. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    I just spent 45 seconds doing a search...

lbanks, JAUQO III-X, and fhodshon have posted clips and links in the past. Here is one:
    There are also others you might be able to find yourself, perhaps in a minute or two.
  8. Rogier

Feb 2, 2004
    Okay, should have mentioned it earlier...
    Visited the sites mentioned above (though thanks for the effort!) and even the old lightwave site ( But all i really want is to hear some honest homemade-recordings/songs that feature a bass equipped with lightwave. Just to hear the differences. For instance, anyone listened to Ray Riendeau's Lightwave-cd in total?
    I'll search on, but thanks again for reacting!
  9. Jazz Ad

For the sake of it, I made a clip with the piezo alone.
    It's a bit raspy and you get a lot of fret noise but it's still interesting.
    WIth some EQ and compression I'm sure you'd get killer tones.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

11. sounds like a Jazz with a more woody tone