Lightwave players...what strings are you using??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by reiver1, Feb 4, 2005.

1. While I'm waiting for my Lightwave Sabre fretless to arrive, I'd be interested to hear what other Lightwave players are using for strings.

2. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'm using TI Jazz Flats. Cuts a bit of the Lightwave growl and take advantage of the fundamental tone. I can get a wild, thin acoustic bass guitar sound, a passable acoustic upright sound and a sound I think of Active P-bass(that I tend to favor). There's many more options, of course, but these are ones I use.
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Same Ernie Ball as on my other basses.
    Lightwaves depend a lot on the strings. When they're dead, you really know they are.
  4. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Thomastik Acousticore

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Thomastic Acousticore
  6. Thanks for the ideas, guys. I just ordered a set of Jazz Flats from the Dude. We'll see how it goes.:bassist:
  7. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Brian Bromberg piccolo nylon-core. Brass windings on nylon- very interesting sound! ! !
  8. Bassic83: I suspect they lean towards a UBR style thump, yes?
  9. mheintz

Nov 18, 2004

I didn't like the Acousticores when I first put them on, but after about a week they are really nice.
  10. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Actually, they are more like an acoustic guitar on steroids! It's only an experimental thing, really, I don't play my Sabre out much since I got my SX and my Dean B2-5. I use it in the bedroom to practice and come up with ideas. I have them tuned up an octave, hence the piccolo...