Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LightWave System

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by jbabs688, Apr 26, 2005.

1. jbabs688

jbabs688

Apr 21, 2005
    I want to get this LightWave System for my bass. It seems pretty cool... does anyone know where i can buy it (other than of the manufacture's webpage)? or does anyone have a system that they want to sell?

2. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    You have to buy it from them right now. It's better that way - all technical questions can be answered directly.

3. 5thString

5thString

May 5, 2004
  4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I've got a Wave and if you haven't played one, I'd definetly hold off till you do so. I'm guessing you could buy a second hand Lightwave ($400 - $500) for less than the system - in fact you can buy mine. Seems it used to be a $600 upgrade on Zons.

Closest to a P tone but sounds nothing like a mag pup. Their mag switch is really like a neck/bridge switch.

5. jbabs688

jbabs688

Apr 21, 2005
    I actually watched a demo on the Lightwave website and it seems to have a very versatile sound. Any specfic reason why I should hold off? Is it a lot diferent than what you'd expect???

6. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I would highly recommend you travel as far as you need to to check a real one out first. Versatile is the last thing I'd call a Wave personally. The only person's perception that matters is yours through your rigging to whatever style you intend to use it for. I paid over a grand new for mine and I'd sell it for $500 without thinking twice - and never miss it.