LightWave System

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by jbabs688, Apr 26, 2005.

1. jbabs688

jbabs688

Apr 21, 2005
    I want to get this LightWave System for my bass. It seems pretty cool... does anyone know where i can buy it (other than of the manufacture's webpage)? or does anyone have a system that they want to sell?

2. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    You have to buy it from them right now. It's better that way - all technical questions can be answered directly.

3. 5thString

5thString

May 5, 2004
  4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I've got a Wave and if you haven't played one, I'd definetly hold off till you do so. I'm guessing you could buy a second hand Lightwave ($400 - $500) for less than the system - in fact you can buy mine. Seems it used to be a $600 upgrade on Zons.

Closest to a P tone but sounds nothing like a mag pup. Their mag switch is really like a neck/bridge switch.

5. jbabs688

jbabs688

Apr 21, 2005
    I actually watched a demo on the Lightwave website and it seems to have a very versatile sound. Any specfic reason why I should hold off? Is it a lot diferent than what you'd expect???

6. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I would highly recommend you travel as far as you need to to check a real one out first. Versatile is the last thing I'd call a Wave personally. The only person's perception that matters is yours through your rigging to whatever style you intend to use it for. I paid over a grand new for mine and I'd sell it for $500 without thinking twice - and never miss it.