Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lightweight 15" Cab ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Nov 13, 2003.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hi all, are there any lightweight 15" cabs out there? I'm looking for something with very high power handling capability (400 watts?), and something that's lighter than a BagEnd S-15. Of course it has to sound good too. Is there any such thing?

2. yorkville 1x15 is light but only handles 300 watts, it can probly handle alot more though.

3. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
  4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if you've got the cash, Epifani's are pretty light. the regular model is 48 lbs., while the UL is like 39 lbs.

5. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
  6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Another vote for the Epifani T-115UL.

7. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    I made mine myself with an Eminence Deltalite speaker.

17 Kg. (= 32 Lbs???)

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    on the cheap, I picked up a Sonic 1x15 with blown generic driver ($75). Dropped in a JBL D140 recone. 140's can be had for say 100 to 150 on the 'bay.
    Sounds great. The cab is a little too small for super low ... it's not going to compete with my MM 2x12 for sure ... but from 70 or 80 on up it sounds great and has that wonderful JBL presence - and it's small and light.

That little Sonic is just the thing for the small and portable for me.

9. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Bag End is the ultimate small light weight pumpimg cab period. I got one I will sell you for $275.00 it is a Bag End S-15D cab inexcellent condition. Let me know OK.

10. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hi all, thanks for the excellent suggestions! I currently have BagEnd's (a whole gaggle of 'em), and I'm totally in love with them. I have the birch cabs (mostly), they weigh in at about 48 pounds each. Not bad as far as bass cabs go. They sound great, couldn't ask for anything more. For small gigs I use the Walter Woods through an S-15 and an S-12 wired in parallel, and for outdoor gigs I bring the Stewart 2.1 and use it to drive some 18" EV's along with as many BagEnd's as I need. Alas I'm getting older and those sub's aren't getting as much use as before. The BagEnd's are perfectly adequate for most venues, and the modular construction is great. I was just wondering if there was anything "significantly lighter" out there that's sonically acceptable. Forever in search of the perfect sounding bass speaker that only weighs ten pounds! :):):)

11. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    I paid $200 used for my Bag End 15 and it was dead mint. Even arrived in the original box. Weighs 36 lbs. and it punchy as hell. Very efficent too (loud!).

12. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD