1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lightweight and Extension Cab capable Combo amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Din Of Win, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Hey all,

Throughout my bass-life, i don't think i've ever owned an amp that was made past the 1980's.

I am in the market for a lightweight combo amp that allows for an extension cab, but is still loud enough on its own to deal with moderately loud practices. I'd also like something in the sub-$500 (ideally the $200 range) if possible. Having no set practice spot these days is making lugging a head and 4x10 around everywhere i go, a bit tedious.

I do like the GK MB210, but it looks like they've gone up in price, and are at ~$600 now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. MB115 I dont think the new ones are expandable with unpowered speakers, but are meant to work with the new line of powered extension speakers.

3. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Jan 22, 2012
    Bahrain
    I had an Eben 120 Watt Combo with a 15" Speaker which has an additional external Speaker Link......So what i did was i attached a Pair of "Kustom" 10" Speakers from their PA system...now they Sell these Separately and i have both of them Connected as they have an Input and Output for Parallel Conection...So With the Eden Combo of 120 Watts its Distributed to a 15" Speaker and 2 10 " Speakers...The Sound i get out of this Combination is Execellent..Its the Perfect Jam Room set up.....for Guys who wanna start of with a low Budget