Lightweight Bass Neck Dive

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by funkbass74, Oct 27, 2020.

1. funkbass74

funkbass74

Oct 27, 2020
    Hey all, I was recently looking at basses and came across a gorgeous lightweight ash Fender jazz bass with a great tone.
    However, I was wondering if the light body of the bass will cause problems for the neck in the future.
    Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:
    pic included for reference
    jbass.jpg

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Welcome to TalkBass. Saying it has great tone implies you had a hands on experience. Go back with a strap and try it out. None of my Fender/Squier basses have enough neck dive to worry about. I understand the short scales do have that issue.

jallenbass and Zooberwerx like this.
  3. If the bass is light it will help avoid problems with your neck in the future. The bass should be fine.

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Needs to be trialed. Some builders have the tendency to downsize the body dimensions and weight while ignoring the headstock and huge-mambo tuners.

Riis

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021