Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lightweight cabinet for ashdown abm 300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chet67, May 26, 2003.

1. chet67

chet67

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm looking for a loud-but-light cabinet to pair with my Ashdown ABM 300 head (300 Watts, 4 Ohms). I've got it matched with an excruciatingly heavy Peavy 410 right now, but I'd like to ditch that in favor of a lightweight and portable 210 or perhaps a single 12/15.

Does anyone using the Ashdown 300 Watt head have cabinet recommmendations?

Thanks.

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I know that I'm repeating a constant suggestion but for good reason. Check out the Bergantino 112, especially with the extension 112 cab. Those with the Ashdown are amazing.

3. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    The Euphonic Audio CXL112L weighs the same as the Bergie's but are much louder. I think they sound better too(IMHO)!

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    how much are you willing to spend?

SWR's line on the whole arent as heavy as their competitors.

Ampeg has their Portabass line, which includes a very lightweight 2x12. dunno the specs, but check the website, and i'm sure you'll be surprised at how lightweight it is.

5. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The EBS 210 is superb sounding and lightweight.

BTW fill in your profile so we can see what kind of music you like and where you are located as this will affect which cabs are good for you.;)