lightweight championship

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Apr 23, 2001.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i nedd a small amp. it has to be light and rated at 25w. i don't want something bigger or heavier. i have to options, but as usual it's impossible to play them. i have to order it without trying. the first one is the vox t 25. the second one it's the fender bassman 25. they seems both good. i want an amp the most possible for that size loud and warm. the vox has great look and a bassilator circuit that enhance the bass frequence and the fender has an output jack for additional cab. this issue is great for me. could you help me in this choice?
  2. I have no experience of the Vox, but the Fender I recommend. Those small Fender amps are very good bang for buck, and having the ext. speaker socket is a great feature for a small amp.
  3. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I just played through a Bassman 25 yesterday and I would highly recommend it. It has a surprisingly full, loud, and punchy sound for its size, and it actually had a more detailed tone than the Bassman 60, IMO. It also has aux jacks for practicing along with CD's.
    While I haven't played through the Vox bass amp, I owned one of their Pathfinder guitar practice amps for a few days but I returned it because the cabinet was plagued with nasty rattling noises, even at very low volumes.
  4. Try considing a carvin pb100-10. yes, 100 watts, but it only weighs 3 more lbs than the fender bassman 25. It has the same size speaker, and only costs like $20 more.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well the Acoustic Image Clarus amp weighs only 5 pounds. But, since it's 300 watts, it just won't do.

You could go with Walter Woods, but they're even more watts per pound, so forget it.