Lightweight L2K???

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Ampig, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Some of you may know me from the Dudepit where at one time I was the moderator of the G&L forum. I was once a total junkie of the brand and by my count I've owned about 25 G&L basses over the years. Due to back troubles I sold off all my babies in favor of lighter basses and haven't owned a G&L in 2 years. Recently I bought a Planet Waves Dare strap which is supposed to evenly distribute the weight of a bass across both shoulders and tonight at practice I played our singers L2K. Holy carp - I am seriously back in love. I'm hoping I can find an alder bodied L2K that weighs around 8 lbs. Is there such a beast?

2. Mick Markey

Mick Markey

Jan 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yep, but that is just the body...no neck.

JK...

I have an 8.5 lb L-1000, so another pickup can't weigh too much...there have to be light weight Tookers out there. :ninja:

3. The new ones are coming in around 9 pounds, +/-. I'd guess that, outside of the occasional fluke, 8.5 is going to be about as light as they go.

Ken...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021