1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lightweight MM style bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Awkwardturtle!, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Awkwardturtle!

Awkwardturtle!

Aug 4, 2010
    does such a thing exist?

I mean I heard that every musicman bass is like a boat anchor.
    I wanted a Musicman bass all my life but I'm not really strong and I when i join a band and do gigs and stuff I don't want to be completely sore after two songs.

Can someone help me? BTW I know about the basswood body OLPs but it has no preamp (I don't know how to install one never the less make holes for the extra pots)

or can passive MM style basses get the same sound as real musicmans? (I have very little experience with preamps)

You know now that I think about it. I think the title is misleading since there are like 3 different questions in here.

whatever help a kid find his dream MM style bass :D

2. MD-BassPlayer

MD-BassPlayer Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
  3. Awkwardturtle!

Awkwardturtle!

Aug 4, 2010
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021