Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lightwieght Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cosmo_Smallpiece, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Can anyone recommend a cab that is significantly lighter than the 75lbs of my Mesa/Boogie. My ageing back is beginning to complain.
    It needs to be a 15 capable of handling 400-500W and available in the UK.

2. Don't know if it's available in the UK, but I love my Flite Sound Cab. It's a three way cab, I think it handles 300 watts (but Kurt could get you a 400 Watt) and it weighs 31 Pounds! Sounds great too.

www.flitesound.com

3. Thanks. Can't say I've heard of that make, so I don't think it is available here but I've sent him a mail to ask if there is a UK distributor.

The main US makes available here are Ampeg, Eden, SWR and Hartke.

The Ampeg is no lighter. The Hartke won't handle the power and I can't find specs for the others.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Both Epifani and Bergantino make a nice and light 15" cab that's about 50 lbs. & 59 lbs. respectively. but they're incredibly pricey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I would suggest Ashdowns new MINI15 cab. Although its rated at 300W RMS it weights 40lbs and thats light. They sound great and should be pretty cheap in the UK too.

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Also check out Glockenklang and Hevos . They are highend speakers that are resonably priced here in Europe compared to the Epifani and Bergantinos. Hope this helps.

7. Thanks for your help guys.