1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Like a Virgin! - in the forum sense!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by oxygenbass, Jun 27, 2007.

1. oxygenbass

oxygenbass

Jun 27, 2007
    UK - Cumbria
    Hitting the low notes for the king of kings
    Hey there im brand new to all this forum jazz so jsut wondering if anyone has any tips or advice.:hyper:

2. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
    Ask questions, read responses, check out what they say.

Listen to all music, learn from it, enjoy it, and ....don't forget...this is FUN!

Don't let forum reading replace practicing and/or performing. Reading and talking(typing) about it can be educational but playing and performing are so much more.

Warnings:
    Pay little or no mind to some of the equipment-phobics around who may "look down" at others for using budget gear. I tried out my $119 SX P/J clone at a gig last night as I have no Fenders and didn't want to spend tons on one(rather spend it on other things and/or brands).

There's also some "musical one way streets" that you should pay no mind to and/or try not to get on yourself. One is talking/looking down to other players who don't shred, play your style of music, etc. The other is thinking that what you prefer to play or listen to is better than other forms of music. Both of these one way streets will limit your growth as a bass player.

Take care and again, HAVE FUN!:bassist:

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021