Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

like Christmas all over again! w00t!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jammadave, Jan 10, 2004.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    so, after varying lead times, all my packages showed up at once yesterday! From a couple big trucks, I was delivered my:

-Blonde Thumb
    -Fretless Thumb
    -GT-7
    -EBS BassIQ
    -CNB Pedal Case
    -Loooper A/B switch
    -SlapHappy video

within the span of a couple hours! :eek:

Man, I haven't even had the chance to PLAY it all yet - wanted to let it rest from the cold outside first.

But I'll be postin' pics, for sure, and can say that everybody is RIGHT when they say that GT7's are easier to play than you think!

WOOOHOOOO! I think the GAS has subsided. :bassist:

d

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Merry 2nd Christmas. ;) . Sounds like you had quite the day. Congrats, and get those pics up :) .

3. geez man, thats insane! 3 basses in one day! :eek:

and yes, get pics of that GT up soon! :D

4. WOW pretty awesome! 3 basses, we want pics man!:D

5. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I had to get a shot of the newest members of the family at least, the pedals and stuff can wait. Problem is, I even bought the "wide" model of String Swing or whatever, and it's still not wide enough to hang the Conklin on the wall.

That said, I bring you, Behemoth and the Twins.

[​IMG]

heh, the Behemoth i believe is of species monstrus funkopotamus

6. They look very nice (especially the Conklin :cool: ) congrats.

Anyway, I can imagine that it's quite difficult to hang a 7 string on the wall, I still haven't found a way to hang my six string, so I guess i will be even harder with a seven. Maybe anyone here has got some idea's?

7. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    :) Very nice - Congrats

8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

I use String Swing guitar hangers. You can bend the hanger out wider if needed.

9. yeah I heard of String Swing, just don't know if (and where) I can get it here in the Netherlands.....

10. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I don't know if you know this, but you've just experianced the coolest day of your entire life.

And I'm jealous.

11. Twins?! Boy it looks like someone's been fiddling around in the woodpile. :D

BTW, you've got PM