Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

like father like son

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Mar 18, 2003.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/03/17/smart.case/index.html

especially note this section...

"Father defends suspect
    As details about the case emerged, Mitchell's father took to task those who would condemn his son.

Shirl Mitchell said his son's alleged actions should be put in perspective.

"Brian is the one who got that girl back safely ... Now, that's quite an accomplishment," the senior Mitchell told CNN last weekend.

"How many of these fiends, degenerates, take little kids and dismember their bodies or kill them outright and bury them? Now, when they're getting to be overcritical of Brian, they should remember that," he said, urging that Mitchell not be "dumped out as garbage."

Mitchell's father, 83, who described himself as a voyeur and the author of two volumes about his personal theology that include explicit sexual content, also acknowledged showing his son pictures of genitalia at age 7 or 8.

The father said he believes his erotic literature contributed to a neighbor girl's allegation that Brian Mitchell exposed himself to her when he was a teenager. He added that the family suspected Brian Mitchell was abused in daycare. "

so the homeless preacher/saviour/prophet has a father who came up with his own religion too, which obviously had something to do with exposing young children to sexual themes :rolleyes:

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Send him to Iraq to join the "human shield" some of the activists are doing.....his dad is welcome to join him. :rolleyes:

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Ok, I don't get it... Mike, what do you do to your quotes when you quote someone. Do you delete the closing tags or what? :confused:

5. Moley, yes. If a quote is too long I simply delete the parts that I consider too long and that might distract from the point I'm trying to make. I think this is why the parts I quote sometimes do not show up in bold face, so I usually put double lines between what I've quoted and my response. ;)

Mike

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Not only do they not show up in bold face, they don't show up as a quote at all :p You just get the disembodied tags. It seems when you delete the part of the post that is unnecessary, you delete the closing tags too - the [/B] and [/QUOTE] tags - which are necessary for it to appear in bold, and as a quote.

What you wanna do is, when you delete part of the quote, make sure you only delete up to the [/B] tag. That's what I do :)

7. tags - which are necessary for it to appear in bold, and as a quote.

What you wanna do is, when you delete part of the quote, make sure you only delete up to the [/B] tag. That's what I do :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Cool man.:cool: Thanks for the info. I am a bit of a computer dork. I still can't post a photo. :bawl:

Lame I am. :D

Mike

8. What the blazes happened to that post?

Mike :confused:

9. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Ahh, well I know what happened there. I included a [/QUOTE] tag in my post, to demonstrate, knowing that it would just show the tag, and not try and turn it into a quote - because there was no opening tag (i.e. without the slash).

And when you quoted it, it interpreted the [/QUOTE] tag in my post as the end of the quote. Ya see?

That'll teach me to go putting tags in my post :D

Oh, and to post photos, you just click the IMG button when you're replying - and in the box it displays, put in the web address of the photo. If the photo isn't on the web, you need to upload it as an attachment first, then get the address of the attachment etc.

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    When I first saw the guy I thought we need just one bullet. I was wrong, we need two.

11. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    There really are some sick weirdos running around!

Blisshead - I'm with you!

12. What the hell is up with Utah????

13. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    After we finish the war on terrorism I think a war on idiocy will be in order!

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hopefully the french won't veto that one too. :eek: :D.

KIDDING!!!

15. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Ya hear that Polly? They're coming after you next :D

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Welcome to Baghdad! We have your accomodations ready. Right over here. Toilet's out back. You can sleep here. Food? T.V.? You so funny.

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Who is up for tying up a few paedophiles up to telephone poles and shooting them with paintball guns with the air pressure raised to max?

18. Isn't that self-destruction? Certainly would be if our government tried it... :D