1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Like Melodic Punk rock like A Wilhelm Scream, Strike Anywhere and Propagandhi?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Asomodai, Feb 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Asomodai

Asomodai

Jan 21, 2006
    London UK
    Hello all!

Finally my band is at the point of gigging and releasing music.

For about 10 years (And 3 cities later) I have been desperate to join or form a Melodic Hardcore Punk rock band in the being of A Wilhelm Scream, No Trigger and Strike Anywhere.

Last year I had enough of waiting and decided to give a serious go of it. A couple of pub meetings later and finally got a proto lineup. Took a few months to get a stable bunch of people and then the drummer left!
    Managed to recruit an Indonesian guy who was amazing, I had some real reservations as he didnt own a kit and claimed he air drummed to learn our songs. Well what an amazing guy! Total rhythm brother.

Organising practices, kit, Band logo competitions, gigs, contacts, demos, photo shoots etc. I am exhausted! My other half has been so understanding considering I should have been helping her plan our upcoming engagement party!

Finally released everything on Facebook today, Demo, Logo, Photos and first gig announcement and I am relieved! But cant stop there, we don't quite have enough material for the first gig so we need to hurry and learn some more covers in the next week!

I feel very musically fulfilled right now! If you have the time and the drive you CAN form it. It just took me three city moves, a divorce and lots of sweat and depression to get there!

If you guys could give us a listen to see what you think that would be great!

Full song (With bass solo, you are the first guys to hear it, not supposed to be released yet!) - https://soundcloud.c...rough-mix-01mp3
    Teaser Trailer - https://www.youtube....h?v=a4QZaK8VwhI
    Bands Facebook page. Likes and shares much appreciated! - Ships Down

DQzBOvy.

Cheers!

2. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Cool.

3. Asomodai

Asomodai

Jan 21, 2006
    London UK
    Now the full demo is available for a listen to!

4. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I'm on your same quest for modern fast groovy melodic HC and must say what I find mostly hit or miss with such bands (including mine, where I sing) also I find in yours: THE SINGER. I mean, he sings OK but I'd tell him to drop the Dickinson sort of "expresiveness". Nothing bad with vibrato and vocal display itself, but I think, while the band sounds modern, the vocals add a backdated aesthetic to it I don't like much. I insist, I'm on your same quest, and as a seinger I too have some really "demodé" heavy metal singer habits to drop... :-(