1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Like New 30" Short Scale Bound & Blocked Jazz Bass (4-Sale or Trade)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Get_da_funk_Out, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    FOR SALE OR TRADE:

Full Disclosure - Please Read:

Ok... Right off the bat let's get this out of the way. The last time I posted this bass for sale, I had idiots giving me a hard time about my price publiclly on my thread and as promised I reported them.

I bought this bass less than a year ago from The Guitar Merchant in Canoga Park, CA for $300 plus tax. I have my original receipt also. It's in brand new condition. I would rate it a 9.5 out of 10. It has some light scratching on the control plate at knobs, but nothing crazy.

I don't care that these may or may not have at one time sold for $150 from Rondo Music or on Ebay. You're NOT going to find one like this. And if you do, go there and buy it instead of flaming me on TalkBass, as i'm entitled to sell the bass for a price at my sole discretion. SO if you have a problem with my price, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and look elsewhere, otherwise read on.

I report all hasslers to the mods regardless of your feedback rating.

Thanks for reading my disclaimer. Now, on to the bass.

Up for sale or trade is a super clean, like new Vintage Handmade Series SX 30" Short Scale Jazz Bass with white binding, pearloid block inlays, Schaller hi mass bridge, custom brown tort pickguard from warmoth, and dunlop strap lock system. Bass plays killer and sounds great. I've played it on several gigs where I wanted a change from my traditional full sized basses. I use it all the time while sitting at my pro tools work station and it's light and comfortable. Made from swamp ash with a maple neck and maple fret board. Lightweight lolipop style tuners. Ships in Short Scale Fender Gig Bag.

Weighs in at: 8.4 pounds on crappy bathroom scale. This is a 30" Short Scale Bass

Asking $275 + $25 shipped Conus-Lower 48 Only.
    PayPal Okay.
    No International, Canada, APO/FPO.
    Local Pickup available for LA, CA residents.

Trade Considerations:

GK MB210, GK MB212, GK MBE 115, MARKBASS F1, MARKBASS F500 + CASH OFFSET.

Thanks for Looking.

-- G.T.F.O.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ken J

Ken J Hartford Hot Several Brass Band

Aug 19, 2011
    Middlefield, CT
    Nice
    How short is short
    30 or 32?

3. LarryCrabtree

LarryCrabtree

Sep 19, 2011
    I have a full size SX Jazz that is fretless. Any interest in a trade for something like that? I would love the shorter scale.

4. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Hi Ken: I'll check this afternoon for you when I get home. I believe it's a 30 but to be sure i'll take measurements and post them.

5. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Hi Larry: Thanks for the kind offer, but i'm trying to sell off my unused basses, not acquire new ones. Thanks for the post.

6. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    I'd buy your oiled birch BE !:D

7. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Measured and scale length is 30", standard short scale.

8. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    TTT BUMP

9. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Is the truss rod adjustment at the headstock or bottom of the neck? Love this bass.

10. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    I'll have to check tomorrow but I will let you know. Thanks.

11. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    The truss rod adjustment is at the headstock. Thanks for the inquiry

12. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    BASS IS SOLD - THREAD CLOSED - THANKS TB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.