1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Like new Lakland Skyline 44-01 ash, spalted maple top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nonconformist, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Price:
    $735
    Strings:
    Hello Talkbass!

It has been such a long time since I've posted here! And such a long time since I've needed to purchase or sell an instrument. I had been traveling for quite some time, mostly in an educational capacity, and never had much of a chance to hold on to any instruments, sadly, so as soon as I returned to the US with my newly minted Master's degree, I immediately replenished my instrument collection with this brand new Lakland Skyline 44-01 with spalted maple top. It was purchased in March 2018 from Sweetwater for $938. The official Lakland case was a separate purchase (used) from the private market.Here's the link from Sweetwater for specs: Lakland Skyline 44-01 Deluxe - 44-01 Spalted, Rosewood

Unfortunately, it turns out working in the not-for-profit sector and paying off a few debts aren't synonymous, and something has to give. I'm offering up this pristine instrument, including case and strap.

I'll be sure to return with higher quality photos tomorrow, but I've got two photos here for now.

00u0u_gSOYSjsJa0j_600x450.

00i0i_4sTsIGlPQqa_600x450.

The bass is literally unplayed outside of a few settings in my personal house, which is smoke free and air conditioned / heated. No extreme changes in temperature or humidity were experienced! Strings are like new. The handle for the case, which I'll include at no cost, was slightly damaged from the start, and has been replaced with paracord and the original leather strap.

It has the Bartolini soapbars, active 3-band EQ, and a host of excellent hardware features (high-mass bridge, Hipshot Light tuners) etc.

While it has been some time, I was a rather active TBer awhile back, including many classified purchases and sales - my account profile should highlight this! I look forward to your questions and any reasonable offers.

As of now, I'm seeking $600 OBO in the local area. If we had to ship, I'd need to split costs with a shipping service of your choice. I have a personal vehicle, and am willing to travel up to 30 miles from 20017 to meet or deliver.

Looking forward to your comments and PMs! Thanks for looking, and helping me out in this time of need.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    berman3313 and Skillet like this.
  2. Bump!

3. Holiday season price drop to $675 locally! PM me, please!

4. It's a fantastic instrument with quality components, great tone! I just wish I didn't have bills to pay from school.

5. Sunday morning bump!

6. Anyone on the fence and interested at $635?

7. Price reduction to $600 even. That's a stellar deal on a great instrument... Also will be in the NJ/NY corridor over the holidays, and am willing to deliver or meet in central NJ.

8. jd50

jd50

Nov 16, 2017
    Still available?

9. It is! PM sent.

10. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Will you ship it?

11. Larry Baldock

Larry Baldock

Feb 5, 2015

12. Larry Baldock

Larry Baldock

Feb 5, 2015
    Could we have a photo of the case/handle fix? I think the bass is beautiful but the 44-01 Bart set up is a bit dated, where the 44-02's have major up grades. Still a great bass, however I am in Wisconsin, and shipping in winter is dicey at best. Thoughts about shipping to Wisconsin?
    LB
    You can reach me at baldock.larry@yahoo.com

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  13. Larry Baldock

Larry Baldock

Feb 5, 2015
    I may have posted a reply incorrectly, but I think the bass is beautiful but, the 44-01 is a bit out dated with the 44-02's gaining much needed upgrades. That said I live in Wisconsin so shipping would be a must although dicey in the winter months. Would like some more pics and a picture or two of the re-work on the handle of the after market case. Would you consider shipping?
    Larry Baldock baldock.larry@yahoo.com

14. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    Pm'ed

15. TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Ship it?

16. TerenceE