1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Like New Mesa Subway D-800 800W Lightweight Amp Head Free Shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by HamOnTheCob, Apr 8, 2017.

1. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Price:
    $599
    I have two of these, and this one is the backup. It's never been out of my home studio except to take the photos on this listing. I'll be getting the D800+ soon, so my other D800 will become my backup.

I ordered this amp in 2016 straight from my Mesa rep. I'm on the road a lot with a professional band and I get compliments on my sound regularly, which comes from the D800 in my live rig.

This amp has been in my studio since I got it, and comes with all original packaging and box, the power cable, the owner's manual, and the Mesa gigbag. It could only be more "new" if it were sitting on the quality control bench at Mesa.

The amp is absolutely killer. I've owned everything under the sun in my career, including Ampeg, Eden, SWR, Genz-Benz, Peavey, Fender, Hartke, and other Mesas, and the D800 has a distinct sound that dropped my jaw the first time I heard it. I previously owned a Mesa Prodigy tube head and that really wasn't "my sound", but this thing is truly a gem.

Again, this amp will ship in as-new condition in the as-new gig bag from Mesa, with original power cord (still has the tag on it) and the owner's manual, which is still sealed in its original plastic.

I accept PayPal, and price includes shipping in the Continental USA.

The only piece of gear I'd entertain a trade for would be a Line 6 Helix Floor unit. Obviously I would add cash with my amp to make that happen. (There are multiple reasons I want a Helix, including the XLR input and mic preamp, so I'm not interested in other multi-effects units or amp modelers.)

Photobucket full of photos:
    2016 Mesa Subway D-800 by Jacob Moore

IMG_9243_zpsd3i2pa5j.
    IMG_9261_zpsga9e8cfc.
    IMG_9244_zpsmmdwjwvt.
    IMG_9245_zpslcwzg6hv.
    IMG_9246_zpscymfehlh.
    IMG_9247_zpsuuxduerh.
    IMG_9248_zpsgb4rkrs0.
    IMG_9249_zpsalifmx4s.
    IMG_9250_zpsgtmfl2ud.
    IMG_9251_zpsnbahpmar.