1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Like new peterson vs-2!! Lower price!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by v-12, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    A like new vs-2, in PERFECT condition!! the original plastic sheet is still on the screen! comes with power cord, box, manual, etc...
    i hate to sell it, but i won't be gigging for awhile and i have to pay for a mesa buster (when i find one:smug: )! i need to have some cash freed up and ready when i find the right deal.
    this thing is AWESOME, i bought it instead of a rack-mount tuner, its SO much more accurate and the screen is plenty bright for stage use, i will be buying another when i have the money.....

$155 shipped in the lower 48, no trades unless towards a buster combo, or d-180.

pics to come tomorrow!

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    PM Sent

3. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    pm replied.

4. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    a few pics:

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What tests did you run on this and others to conclude that it is more accurate?

6. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    a typical rackmount tuner (i.e. korg dtr-2000) is accurate to with +/- 1 cent, while the peterson is accurate to within 0.1 cent.

and from their website:

Why aren't other tuners this accurate?
    Because tuner manufacturers have decided that their idea of "close" is "good enough" for you. To get close enough so that your instrument´s pitch is properly and consistently shown, a high definition display is manditory, only Petersons stroboscopic and Virtual Strobe displays make it into this category.

A tuner can only be accurate if its display is accurate. This may sound obvious, but can a tuner really be accurate if it only has a simple green light to indicate "in tune"? Can it tell you accurately how out-of-tune you are? Can it display with equal accuracy over the entire range? Unless it has a high-definition display, the answer is of course, NO! LED and needle type displays are very basic, and are not capable of displaying pitch exactly. For example, some tuners use LED displays, but never use more than twenty lights to represent 100 cents (the span of one equally tempered semitone or one "half-step"). This obviously forces them to compromise or simplify the readout. (This also applies to tuners with so-called "strobe mode".) Similarly, needle tuners have a limited number of reference points across the dial (about a dozen) which has the same effect. If you hold a switched off "LCD/needle" meter at a slant, you will see these reference points already mapped out!

Imagine a tape measure which does not show subdivisions under 1 foot. That's fine if you only want to measure the proverbial "broad side of a barn", but it's not much use in custom-fitting cabinets in your kitchen. A Virtual Strobe can accurately display any tone within its range to within 1/1000th of a semitone. If this sounds like overkill, listen for yourself. The difference will astound you!

http://www.petersontuners.com/demos/sdemo/index.cfm

7. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    PM Sent - I'll take it for $155.00 shipped!

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, shut my mouth. BTW, they spelled "mandatory" incorrectly.

9. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    thanks for all the interest, but the pedal sold earlier today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.