1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Like the Mesa BB750, what other amps might I like?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bchamorro, Aug 29, 2008.

1. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    So I just bought my first real bass amp (Mesa Big Block 750) and I love it.

What other amps do you think I might like?

I know it is such a broad question.

2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Mesa big block v12 of course!

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Nothing else quite sounds like Mesa. If you like the BB750, (and who wouldn't?), the Titan would be similar. MPulse 600 is cleaner, but still has that signature sound, as does the Walkabout. Never heard the M6 Carbine, but I'm betting it's in the family. Outside Mesa, you might enjoy an all tube Ampeg as well. Totally different, but aggressive still.

4. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    My 400+ blew a fuse at my gig last night and I was able to play one of these. What a great head! I have tried the Carbine as well, top notch from Mesa too. I am debating about selling the 400+ for one of these :ninja:

5. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    in my opinion the ss mesa heads sound better then the 400+

6. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    You know Shawn,

I really dig the tube tone of bass but those SS Mesa heads are aggressive and punchy as I like my tone to be. You might be right, especially for my taste.

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm the same. As much as I love the tone of my V4BH, the hybrid Mesa's just bring something extra to the table. Aggressive, yes, but a certain sweetness, too.

8. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    iv been comtemplating selling my 400+ for a bb750 for a few months......might try and find one now....

9. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    used to own a 400+. never happy with the tone. when i played my friends mpulse it was easy tone central. same thing with a friends walkabout. so i traded it up for an ampeg which is for sale now.

i really want an eden!!