Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Like to meet TBer's

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superfunk, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone I am still getting the hang of this and I would like to get to know my fellow TB members. So if anyone out there who would like to chat and get to know each other the RIGHT way please come and visit

2. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Ok, I will play...Welcome to the family...:D

You have PM!

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hi, I'm Matt. I play the bass.

4. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Hi, Im Drew. I play Bass, acoustic guitar, keyboards, drums and can sing. Bass is my primary instrument and I have been playing it for three years. I am 15 years old and in the tenth grade. My favorite bands are The Vaselines, Bad Religion, Rush and Nirvana. :)

5. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    Hey pal. I'm Nick, I'm from Alabama, I'm the only metalhead vegetarian in the whole state.:p It's nice to meet you. I don't post a lot here though I do read a lot.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hi....my name is dave...i'm 26 and i'm a first class missile technician in the us navy...i like to play with thermo nuclear weapons....and i play bass :D why yes, that is a missile tube behind me

[​IMG]

7. Hi my name is Fetch. I am a fisherman. I also like bass fishing. I never talk with my mouth full. I am super,,thanks for asking!!! . do you like to play the bass 2?

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Here's a picture... you know... just in case, you like, uhhh... well, needed a picture...

like cuz, uhh, you know sometimes you just... uhhh... ya know...

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Heya Kiefo here, I play bass...its pretty much the most important thing in my life. next to music in general.
    I really like Jaco but I'm also really big in hip-hop and electronic music. I am currently working on a project for my Senior year in high school, its going to be a concert, but it will also be an exhibit of my third passion(next to bass and music) which is Photography.

pleased to meet you.

10. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Hello, I am Stephen. I am 15 years old and I am in 10th grade. I have been playing bass for almost 2 years. When I get out of High School I am going to move into a house with my fellow band members and manager to do a lot of writing and saving before we move to the UK. I like cheese.

11. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Neptoon, you look kinda scary in that picture :)

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Who decides what is the RIGHT way? Are you telling us where/what we can and can't post? :mad:

As far as I'm concerned, I'll post what I like, as long as it is within the forum guidelines!!

13. Hey matt thank you for replying. I would love music and I would love to learn all I can about the bass. Maybe you and some others can inform on it

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well if you look outside Off Topic - there is lots of this!! Where it is supposed to be:rolleyes:

15. Well Drew you are talented. The only thing I can do is sing. Which I love to do very much. I love the piano and have always wanted to learn. I love the drums and do a few beats on them but that is all. I tried the claronet but hated it and quit. I am 29 years old and am married with 2 boys 8 and 3. The music I love to listen to believe it or not is everything. I love Nirvana. Rush is one of superfreaks favorite bands. Floyd Avryl Lavine and all that I like to listen to. I do however don't care much for rap. To me that is not music. But of course that is only my opinion. Glad to meet ya and hope to keep in contact with you.

16. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Do I detect attitude or what ?:rolleyes:

btw, Hi, I'm Don and I'm a musician and composer.

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's me, it's me, it's Enrnest T...um...Woodchuck!
    BTW, superfreak, I remember when people said that the music your favorite bands were doing weren't "real music" either. I love the 3rd person reference.

18. Thats cool I like a person who is different. I am doing a lot of reading as well. Some of the stuff that comes on this site is abosolutely hilarious. And some stuff not so much. I live in Addison N.Y. Just outside of Corning. I love to laugh and have a good time. I am now attending Corning Community College to get a degree in Human Services to counsel young children. I love children. They are definately out future. Someone out there needs to keep them happy and to encourage them to grab their dreams and run with it.

19. by right way means, lets have a positive thread without someone getting on their soapbox and making things so darn negative it is impossible to enjoy themselves here. what i have seen these past two days i am very ashamed of. i raved about how wonderful this place was, that you did not run into constant negativity and so on. and that is all that has been on here. this is a meet fellow tbers thread. not a thread to rant or try to start something. so can you please just be positive for once. it would really be nice. :confused:
    hey superfunk, how you doing hon:D ;)

20. Well Hello Dave my name is Mai-Lai pronounced May Lie. Please hold in the laughter. It is chineese and I happend to love my name. I am sooooo not chineese but I am short and blond. I see there is a ring on your finger. How many years have you been married? I have 2 children and I have been married to my highschool sweetheart for 6 years and I am 29 years old. Old huh? My husband is the same age as you are. He's a pretty cool guy. I think it is neat to have men and women like you defending our country. My prayers are out to you and our fellow men and women to return safely home to your loved ones. My brother in law is in the army and has been for 14 years. Good luck with all that you do and I am so happy to meet you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.