Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'lil amps with big hearts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by red-hot-bassist, Dec 20, 2001.

1. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    whilst browsing through the december issue of Bass Player i noticed they were doing a little review section of starter kits (highly commnedable since most of the gear they reviw costs like 4 grand), anyway, in the epiphone section they reviewed they had my amp!!!! the 'lil studio bass 10!! aww, come on tell me she's cute, come on tell me!!

have any of you ever felt this kind of affection for seeing your babies in magazines or their picture elsewhere?

oh they grow up so fast.

but it is not a very good amp by the way, but I still love it to bits ;)

2. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Hey Red Hot, You just wrote:

"have any of you ever felt this kind of affection for seeing your babies in magazines or their picture elsewhere? "

Well, I was very surprised to see my own face in this month Bass player Edition in the Working Stiff page !!!! You said it: it`s great !!! :)

I think this was a good review of starter kits and especially good timing for Christmas time! I felt happy that the Hartke kit, which the Amp scored big time, seemed to be a winner and felt bad that the Epiphone kit did not impress the gallery. I was also surprised to see that Peavey did not have any starter kit as I am sure their Amps (Microbass, probably)would have received a good score.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    That was you? Cool! Can I have one of your business cards for the next time I get caught speeding "up North"?

4. babies! (????) it's a piece of goddamned hardware fer chrisake!!!!!

er, um - I think you need to get out more...

:>

- Wil

5. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    sorry mr davis, you have humbled me and made me feel a wee bit sad now.....sniff.....

jeez man, i love that amp, she is sooo cute,

and well done bloke from canada, i like reading the working stiffs thing, it makes me kinda jealous though to see all the people getting to play their bass so well and have people actually want to see them play it, and not 'Linsay stop playing the bass dammit' (thats my boyfreinds voice by the way)

i know i am a freak but i have fun with the 'lil critters!!!!