1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lil' help?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by what_the_hell, Nov 29, 2006.

1. what_the_hell

what_the_hell

Nov 29, 2006
    England
    Hello there, I'm new to this website. Anyways, I was thinking about getting this bass;

large_1_1_2_1_1-64-21-63_102.

Specs

Its a Schecter Stiletto Elite 4-String. I really want this bass, I have played one and I know it's the one for me, but the only UK supplier I know (SoundControl) of is out of stock for a while. :mad: :mad:

Can anyone help me find one in the UK or one that can be shipped to the UK, or could anyone suggest a different bass (max price £250/$500)?

2. what_the_hell

what_the_hell

Nov 29, 2006
    England
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. Have you checked into Ibanez? Similar specs, similar prices...

[​IMG]

neck type 5pc SR4 Wenge/Bubinga neck
    body Mahogany body
    fret Medium frets
    bridge Accu-Cast B20 bridge (19mm string spacing)
    neck pu Bartolini® MK1 neck pu
    bridge pu Bartolini® MK1 bridge pu
    preamp Bartolini® MK1 3-band eq

Price (Samedaymusic.com) = $550 USD... so it's in your range...

4. what_the_hell

what_the_hell

Nov 29, 2006
    England
    Actually, I was thinking about buying an Ibanez before I saw the Schecter...hmm...

5. I have no experience with Schecter - but I have personally owned 2 Ibanez basses - the SR 400 and the SDGR 800 - both of which I was very pleased with all around. They sounded great, played great, light, fast, cool... the works.

Worth considering - if that is the style of bass you are interested in.

6. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    where do you live? cos if you go into a soundcontrol shop they can generally order one in for you

7. what_the_hell

what_the_hell

Nov 29, 2006
    England
    Actually, I do live near one. I phoned them up and they said they don't stock up for a while, but I didn't try asking in-store yet. Maybe I will.

8. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    try it, i went to the newcastle one and they shipped in the spector i wanted from the birmingham shop and i'm sure they could order from the manufacturer if you asked.

9. what_the_hell

what_the_hell

Nov 29, 2006
    England
    Well, I know where I'm going at the weekend.