1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Limelight- Rush

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by JohnLovesRush, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Hi i was wondering if anyone can link me to the most accurate Limelight tab.
    would be appreciated!

thanks

2. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    There seems to be only ONE that comes up (in a lot of various places, however) when you Google. Just get that one. It appears to be correct.

3. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
  4. Looks about right. I think playing it up the neck instead of in the box sounds better, personally.

5. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Sorry, please explain "in the box."

I've only just figured out what that means in reference to an NFL defensive scheme, now you're throwing me a new one!

6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I transcribed the whole bassline some time ago and I can tell you it's pretty accurate. Sorry, just standard notation:

Limelightbassline01.
    Limelightbassline02.

Edit: Already posted here (Some interesting remarks in that thread).

7. ahh cool..well my site reading isn't great lol.. emm if you could send me that guitar pro one then I'd really appreciate it and as far as I'm aware in the box means around the top 5 frets or something like that.. without making much progress down the neck

8. Bingo. There's a certain tonal difference in playing closer to the nut than playing farther up the neck. Most bassists tend to find a style that works for them, and though Geddy's definitely a unique bassist, in many of Rush's songs he tends to keep his hand planted and play within reach of the "box" - a 5 or so fret radius of his thumb. He's a hero of mine, I wish I could play as well, but everyone has their "comfort zone." It's smart playing, but I prefer the sound of playing up the neck.

It's a subjective thing, so don't take me too seriously.

9. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Hey, nice job! What software do you use for your notation? Is that Lilypond, by chance?

10. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I'm glad you like it, man. I use Finale for my transcription jobs.