Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Limp Bizkit. did i post this before?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Wes I AM, Sep 11, 2000.

1. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    Anyway, i think i posted something like this before, but so what. Dawg the skin-head with sideburns bassist Sam Rivers from Limp Bizkit all you want, but he's cool to me. Very aggressive and on their first CD he gets a mean sound from his Warwick SS2 that blows me away. How does he get that sound? Its really crunchy and deep. Probly no one will answer but, just in case you do, Thanks.

PS. i shave my head too..

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I still prefer Sam Rivers' saxin' & flutin'...
    Anyway, you should be happy that the October BASS PLAYER mag's cover boy is Limp's Rivers.

3. SBX1

SBX1

Apr 7, 2000
    I saw Limp B. last week in Monza, at "Indipendence Day", and I think his sound is crunchy and deep too; but I don't know does he get that sound.

SBX1

4. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks for replying guys, but any more insight is very welcomed. So if you know anything, let me know, aaight?

5. What is a "Limp Bizkit"?

6. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    K, if you guys can refrain from posting pointless crap that you know wont help me out, i'd appreciate it.

PS, I actually think he was using Ibanez SDGR's on Three Dollar Bill, Y'all. along with Wes Borland cause the guys from Korn hooked them up with Ibanez.

7. You call my post useless, huh? I am very hurt.

8. odie

odie Supporting Member

Lets all just be mellow and cool!!!

It's just a joke besides I've always wondered what a limp bisquit was too. :)

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yeah but who's this "Dawg the skin-head"? Can you help me out with this Jim, am I missing something here or have you heard of him?

10. Player

Player

Dec 27, 1999
    USA Cincinnati, OH
    I believe it is a set of flimsy business or marketing tools.

11. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    Great. I sure do love this talkbass site (NOT). You guys have been alotta help. really gave me some good info. I just love critisism and sarcasm coupled together in response to all my questions regarding music. I get tired of people actually trying to help me. yeah that always sucks. geez.

12. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Well...!
    I mentioned next month's BASS PLAYER mag(& yes, I will check it out & read every word about the guy).
    Now regarding "music"...check out Sam Rivers, the sax player(like maybe Dave Holland's CONFERENCE OF THE BIRDS album).

13. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    hey guys. i dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings, ok. But sometimes I post things in the hopes of getting real answers. ya dig? Sometimes if you guys could hold back the urge to impress each other by coming up with the wittier remark, it would help move things along a little quicker. Again i dont wanna upset anyone, k? kewl..

14. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Just an observation, but which is worse getting sarcasm or getting no response? At least the sarcasm bumps the thread back to the top. BTW, you are not the only one who sometimes gets no "real answers" to questions posted. It's happened to all of us. I'd respond, but I really don't listen to LB.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

15. Bruce Lindfield

I have got "Dream of the Elders", but haven't seen "Conference of Birds" in the shops - I'll have to look out for this. I still don't know who this "Dawg" guy is, but then I don't understand what the original post is saying - "separated by a common language"?

This thread now reminds me of one of those corny war films, where you get the Nazi doing the interrogation and he keeps saying "No, Ve ask Ze Qvestions!" You will answer the question and won't deviate from the subject!

16. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Sorry Wes...

Bruce-
    I'm not the right one to talk about LB & Sam Rivers(bassist). I do remember when LB's first cd came out; they were described as an "more angry, more dissonant 311". I like 311; I haven't gotten around to buying anything by LB.

17. Bruce Lindfield

Sorry Jim, I was more looking for a translation of what all this was about, into "english" ;) from someone whose posts I usually understand. I seem to be experiencing "communication breakdown". Don't worry it's probably just me :rolleyes:

18. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    "Conference of Birds", are we talking Dave Holland, here? Now I'm lost...:(

But I think I can help with the "Dawg" thing, Bruce. I think what he's trying to say is this:

"Make fun of the skin-headed bassist, who also has sideburns, known as Sam Rivers from Limp Biskit, all you want..." etc.

"dawg" as in "dis", "make fun of", "pick on"...etc...I've never seen it spelled that way before, though...except here in Cleveland Stadium where the Browns have the "Dawg Pound"...woof woof! :D

-Gm, slightly fluent in ghetto-English

19. Bruce Lindfield

So we're being asked to make fun of the bass player from Limp Biscuit? I'm still a bit mystified - what's wrong with him, what's he done to deserve this pillarying?

I did see the band on "Top of the Pops" in the UK and they seemed to be playing the theme tune to "Mission Impossible" but is this any reason to have a go at them? Just sounded a bit bland to me, nothing particularly offensive.

PS
    So this is ghetto-speak? Another example of how kids today want to be seen to be black? Or at least the opposite of White Trash.

20. "Limp Bizkit: What you give to your dog when it's gotten old and lost all of it's teeth. The Bizkit is soaked and made soggy so that your dog is able to ingest it, with minimal amount of regurgitation." :D
    Oddly, I remember reading that from somewhere...