Limp Bizkit - Rearranged

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by ApocBizkit2, Dec 6, 2000.

1. ApocBizkit2

Nov 26, 2000
    I need some help on Limp Bizkit - Rearranged

HOW DO YOU PLAY THIS!!!! ive tried... but it sounds really really weird!!!!! can anyone help on how Sam moves his fingers to make it sound like that! K thx bye
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think this shows up what's wrong with tabs quite nicely - there is no rhythmic or tempo information and so unless somebody has heard the tune, it is absolutely impossible to say how this should be played from what has been copied in this post.

If it was standard notation, I have no doubt that a large number of people on this board would be able to comment on the correct fingering and the best way to play it.
  3. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Well, I'm not well versed in tab (I can barely understand them), but try this:

If I can explain it rhythmically - treat the 10-12-12 patterns as a triplet (these are I-V-VIII intervals). The middle section is kind of a trilled walkdown (starting note, trilled up, and then down). I've tried to block out the three sections of the phrase, so I hope this helps. Use your ear to help interpret the timing. The problem with tabs is that they are like cave drawings to language. Unless you actually experienced what was in the drawing, there was no way to understand it. Tabs are a crude way of drawing what you hear, while standard notation tells you how to play something you may not have ever heard before - and play it correctly.
  4. backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    I've been playing this fun little riff for a while and what I've learned is that you hold the first note and then quickly play the next three, pause, play the next three, pause, play the next three, and then the last two.

I guess when we are talking tab this might be the best way to explain it. Play with the cd and you'll get it.
  5. ApocBizkit2

Nov 26, 2000
    ok im still trying, yeah i know what u mean by tabs not a good way of language.. ok thx alot dudes !!! im doin better
  6. MuNkEy

Jul 4, 2000
    utica, ny
    ok heres how it reallys goes:

g: -----------------------------------------------11*-
    d: ---------11-9*--9h11p9s8*--8h9p8----------11-------
    a: -----11------------------------------9-------------
    e: --9------------------------------------------------

h-hammer on
    p-pull off
    *-let ring

hopefully this will help you a little bit, since i've added the hammer ons, pull offs, and slides. this is also the correct notation.
  7. ApocBizkit2

Nov 26, 2000
    Hey, yeah ive been playing that and i got it down, thanks alot guys