1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Limp No More

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Mar 20, 2006.

1. So very sad.:rolleyes:

Rock on
    Eric

2. ollybarclay

ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    he's already released an equally tragic debut solo album...?

3. For a second, I thought from the thread title that Borland was going to do a project with Mike Patton, which would actually be pretty cool. However, the demise of Limp Bizkit isn't something over which I'll shed many tears. It does bother me, though, that Fred Durst remains a powerful record mogul: She Wants Revenge are a decent band, but they wouldn't be getting anywhere near this kind of exposure if Durst's fingers weren't in their pie.

As for Borland's solo album, I suppose that the Big Dumb Face project doesn't count, since it was collaborative.

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I hope Wes, Rivers and Otto continue somehow, because they really sounded kickass from time to time.

Fred Durst :scowl:

5. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    Frankly, I think they've been dead in the public's eye for many years now. Giving it up seems sensible.

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yeah pooey on Fred. I agree though with ya. It could be interesting to see the guys get a new vocalist and stick more with the metal side.

7. from time to time?
    i thought they were pretty good at least 98% of the time, except for when they did more rap than metal...like n 2 gether now...ugh

8. My first day on the job at Guitar Center was the Put Your Mouth Where Your Guitar Is competition, when he raped a bunch of new guitar players of material. Someone in the audience found out what was actually in the contract that those kids signed (give up all rights to anything you play on stage) and hit Durst in the head with a pie. I have never, and will never, see anything nearly as cool as that.

Here's the story:http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2002/01/1603.cfm

Can you imagine that? My first day of my first ever playing job, and I get to watch someone I despise get hit with a pie. How cool is that.:D

Rock on
    Eric

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    that is cool! :bassist:

Pie on
    Blisshead

10. I never cared much for them and the cover of "Behind Blue Eyes" was the final steak in the heart.

11. The fact that I never heard that (although I can imagine what Durst singing that would sound like) is further evidence that there is a God, and that He loves me. :D

12. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I think yoy mean stake. Unless you have some serious indigestion problems with red meat.

I don't care much about Limp, even less about Fred Durst. I read some interviews with Borland, and he seems like a decent guy though.

13. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    ...especially if your digestive tract runs through your heart...

14. :D

15. I truly dislike the Biskit, but I am always interested in what bizarre stuff Wes Borland may get into. His BIG DUMB FACE project was one of the more interesting things I have ever heard. Worth checking out if you are in the mood for something, well, different.

16. 24frames

24frames

Mar 11, 2006
    sam rivers = :bassist:

he was the one reason that made me actualy want to learn how to play bass.

17. Rich600

Rich600

Nov 22, 2004
    Scotland