Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Limpbizzkits new cd...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Obsolex, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
  2. yeah man, it is pretty good for a limp bizkit album. well done it is ;)

3. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

How many copies have they sold?

500,000 ?

Isn't that the threshold for a

SMUG GOATEE?

edit: call in that bet, boys ...

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

too bad peter left :(

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Is this the album that holds all the stolen riffs? :confused:

6. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    :confused: :confused:

7. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've only heard that song Eat You Alive, I really wasn't impressed, I miss Wes.

8. *cough* poser *cough*

has anyone seen that MadTv parody of Limp Bizkit?
    (you can download it via Internet)
    It's hella funny, even if you like them.

SCODI

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "Eat You Alive" sounds like something that they stole from The Black Album. It sounds like a Metallica rip off.

10. limp bizkit? meh :oops:

11. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Hey, i'm not saying they are godds or anything... Just sounds cool...

12. I don't like there new single.

13. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I didn't even know it had been released, nor have I heard anything on it. Yay for me!

14. odie

odie Supporting Member

I fell off the Limp band wagon years ago. But this album is actually pretty good. Everyone who says its a rip off album must be narrow minded. How many riffs have been ripped off by other bands on killer albums.

I say dont judge something unless you have an open mind. It just shows your ignorance or prejudice. I see whole lot of prejudice going.

15. I think the "ripoff" comment was from that article awhile back about how the Fred guy had tryouts for the new guitar player at Guitar Center. IIR, all of the auditions were recorded, with the hopefuls signing releases that allowed the band to use any of the material they heard.

16. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Yeah man, I've been listening to there new cd quit a bit, but I must admit that that's just plain fu**ed up.

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I DO have an open mind. Hell, I'm a black guy who listens to Metallica and Patsy Kline, how much more open do you need it to be?! I stand by my comments. The new single sounds like something ripped from the Black Album.

18. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I heard that they have version of Behind Blue Eyes on the album, some kids were (yes, totally) like "it rawks d00d, like ten times as good as the original" - so of course I had to download it from the web..

..and it sounded just like the first verse of The Who version stuck on repeat. Bleh to the copie.. uhm, 'covered' version :spit:

19. Eat You Alive i thought it was ripping of radiohead, not Metallica. but who hasnt Metallica ripped off.

20. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh $hi+ here it comes......:rolleyes: