Linc bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rusty, Aug 14, 2004.

1. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Wow... look what popped up on <a href="">the bay</a>!!
  2. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    i'd grab it at that price.

if $$ was better.

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    very beautiful
    nice price also!
  4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hmmm... last time I played one of those, it had some significant neck and fingerboard problems. Have they gotten any better over the years?
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I played one last summer for about 15 minutes. It played and sounded pretty good, but I personally think they are ugly. Flame away. ;)
  6. I think they are a very good looking bass. He does incredible things with his choice of woods. I've never played one but have always wanted to. They're rare however. If I had the dough (which I don't) and if I wanted a four string (which I don't) and if I could play fretless (which I can't) I'd bid right away!
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    (which you won't)

8. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I missed it!!! That's the second used fretless Linc I missed in the last 6 months. I would trade my Ken Smith Design fretless and cash for it right now!!! Nonsqtr, I don't think that you will find problems with Linc's neck or fingerboard. They are exquisite. Mine is a bit heavy, though, and the lack of active electronics is different to deal with, but mine has an active Lane Poor system in it, and the new one being made will have Villex pickups with an RMC piezo bridge and RMC Hybrid buffer preamp. Linc is the bomb!!! Anyone have a fretless for trade/sale?