Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Linc Luthier- can someone describe the sound?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Obsius29A, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Obsius29A

Obsius29A

Dec 20, 1999
    Huntington, NY
    Anyone have any experience with one of these exotic beauties? There was a pic around here on the forum that freaked me out a couple days ago... keep fantasizing about what it would sound like on one of my songs :-D

2. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Best way I can describe it is bright and snappy, yet warm and woody, and resonant. Mixes well with acoustic guitars and hollow body jazz guitars in an ensemble. Lots of clarity and a little reminiscent of a Rickenbacker, but not really that similar. Would be hard to say how they all sound though, because of the different woods and pickups used. The Impression is supposed to have more punch and attack, but I'll be the judge when I get my new five string. See my thread, "New Linc Luthier Bass". Email me if you need me to hook you up with one!!! I can score you one made of ebony!!! Good luck!!!

3. Obsius29A

Obsius29A

Dec 20, 1999
    Huntington, NY
    Really, you know of one that is available? I would really like to give one a shot, maybe even a purchase- is there any sort of resale value on these things? Do you have any pics of the ebony Linc? Your instruments on that thread are awesome, btw.