Lindy Fralin, Lollar question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by garritynet, Nov 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. garritynet

garritynet Guest

May 29, 2015
    Ordered a NIB but pre-owned pickup from an online marketplace. Ordered Lindy Fralin P Bass pickup and it arrived in a Lindy Fralin box but the pickup itself was wrapped with a Lollar Pickups pick. Any chance they're made by the same person? Any chance I was given a switch?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  2. kentiki

kentiki

May 14, 2008
    No. I have both Fralins and Lollars and they are both great. If you are going for a vintage sound you should be happy.

3. garritynet

garritynet Guest

May 29, 2015
    Yeah, I finally heard back from Lindy Fralin and they said to call them immediately so they could track down exactly what happened. I was pretty annoyed because while I know they're both pretty good if I'd wanted the Lollars I could have gotten a used set at about half what I paid for the Lindys but I figured might as well get what I want the first time around.

4. leonard

leonard

Jul 31, 2001
    Yurop
    All my Lollar pickups have handwritten white marker text on the bottom side of the pickup. They should be easy to identify. I think you'll be happy with them. I haven't tried Fralins but I've heard they are great too.

5. When I replace a pickup I often ship the old one in the new pickup's box if I sell it. It might be what happened here. The guy got a Lollar and sold his Frailin.

6. garritynet

garritynet Guest

May 29, 2015
    It came, as new, in a Fralin box. The pickup was wrapped in bubble wrap and because of the kind of tape used it was obvious the pickup bad not been opened before. As I unwrapped the bubble wrap a Lollar pick was packaged with the pickup. That was the source of confusion.

7. garritynet

garritynet Guest

May 29, 2015
    There is no white writing on the bottom of the pickup and from what I've learned I am now confident it is a genuine Fralin. I think the guy was trying to make sure everything that came in the box shipped with it and stuck the Lollar pick in by mistake.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021