1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lindy Fralin, Nordrands, or Fender Custom Shop 60's

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RoBoTaint, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Lindy Fralin split coil jazz pickups

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Nordstrand split coil jazz pickups

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Fender Custom Shop 60's single coil jazz pickups

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. RoBoTaint

RoBoTaint

Dec 8, 2007
    for my fender geddy lee signature jazz bass,

anyone got experiences with these?

2. TmArKr

TmArKr

Jan 19, 2007
    Anchorage, Alaska
    I put Nordstrand NJ4's in a nice MIM Jazz, and it hugely changed the sound from stock pups. Thicker and deeper, also more clear. It didn't just change the sound, it changed the way I look at that instrument -- with more respect. And I found more uses for that bass. Didn't vote bcs I've never used the Fralins.

3. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    I have the Custom Shops in my MIM Jazz and it has that rippin Geddy tone more than my Geddy Jazz does! When you roll off the tone I gets silky smooth as well.

4. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I just ordered Nordies to replace my Fralin SCs in my Cote. I'll let you know later.

5. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The stock geddy pickups are actually really nice, I though duncan antiquity IIs were an improvement, but not a huge one.

I'd try the nordstrands, everybody seems to love those ... but which ones? Single coil, hum canceling ... lots of options. What kind of tone are you looking for?