Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lindy fralin or Fender custom shop 60's jazz pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Yamarc, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    these are for my modulus genesis jazz bass. Which do you prefer and why? Thanks, Marc

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Have you thought about a set of Nordstrand NJ4 vintage jazz pickups? They're a direct replacement for a standard jazz and have a similar, but slightly different tone that I would recommend considering. However, these two are also excellent choices....just slight variations on the same theme.

3. Lindy fralin. I use them and I am familiar with the tone they produce, and I like it!

Very Vintage sounding.

[​IMG]
    Treena

4. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Fender CS 60s are not all that 'vintage' sounding, if this is what you are after. However, I have a pair, and I love them.

5. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I have a set of Fender 60's Jazz pickup's...they sound good but the output is not as hot as I would like. I have yet to find a set of pickups with the output of Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders or even DiMarzio Ultras.

6. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Whereis a good place to get the DiMarzio ultrajass pups? Musicians friend only sells the Model J's.

7. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Just remember, generally, higher output means more midrange and less highs. I run my CS 60s with a J-Retro, so no problem with output.

8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I haven't tried the Fender CS pups, but I do have a set of Lindy Fralins. The Fralin pups are amazing. My Lakland Joe Osborn with Fralin pups is my number 1 bass.

bmac314 likes this.