Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lindy Fralin!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sheepdog, Feb 4, 2004.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    :bassist: I was put in contact with Lindy Fralin by the guy(s) at best bass gear regarding my JJ humbucking pickup. All I have to say, is what a great guy. I was able to talk to Lindy himself instead of getting passed off to other employees. I am always pleased to learn about higher end companies that offer this level of personal customer service.

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Nice, I have a set of Fralin pups in my Lakland JO and all I can say is that they are incredible sounding.

3. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    the JO5 fralins are the exact same as the 5 string jazz pups that he sells. Those are the one's that I am going to use for JJ pickups. He told me it would be no problem, just make sure I specify 1 set normal and 1 set wound in reverse, that way I can match up 2 necks and 2 bridges for humbuckers. Pretty cool! Of course I forgot to ask what his take was on mounting them on a common plate or putting something between them (plastic/wax/etc...)

4. I don't recall ever hearing anything negative about Lindy Fralin pickups. The guitar player has Fralin P-90's in his LP Studio and they are incredible.

5. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    I have Fralin P/J-(split) in my HRP. I couldn't be happier with the sound or the service and help I got.

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I own a MIM p bass with fralins and a MIA ash/maple jazz bass with fralin pups. Great pups. Gobbs of old school vibe.

7. For blues there is nothing better than Lindy Fralin Pickups. I have a custom strat and a custom tele (both made by Don Grosh) and a Lakland Bob Glaub P, and all of them have Fralins. I have dealt with Lindy for years on various pickup issues and he is a great person to work with.

8. Don’t like LF PU, too much mell tone …no Bottom no Top, just old vintage sound

I am a slap player, I love my org 1978 Fender Jazz with stock PU, the best sounding PU in the world :hyper:

I paid around 200 $ for the LF PU, total waste of money :bawl:

But of cause I respect if people like then, PU is always a matter of personnel taste

9. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    Fralin's definitely are old school. If you're not into that, you aren't gonna like 'em.

Personally that is exactly what I was looking for.