1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

line 6 10" combo vs. gk backline 10" combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IAmTheDood, Mar 14, 2008.

1. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    i'm looking for a small combo to lug around to practices. I have a 1200 watt kustom 310c 3x10 combo that's 150 lbs that I will use for gigs, but the shear weight, and getting it in and out of the truck will cause some problems.

At guitar center today I played a small GK 110 combo, 1 10" speaker and 70 watts, it sounded pretty good. they also had a little line 6 that was 75 watts and a 10" speaker ... the one they had was blown and couldn't try it. Reviews for both are OK, the GK is $200, line 6 is $250.

Anybody have either? You think it'll be enough where I'll hear it over the drums?

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    I have the line 6 and the tone is amazing! I've been using it for my rehearsals and it will hang with a drummer (these rehearsals are in a basement so we're not too loud). But one day the rehearsal place was changed to our normal auditorium space and I got a little worried. I plugged in through the house and my stage volume was audible.

I had a bigger GK combo (700RBII) and I much prefer the tones from the line 6 over it. Hope this helps.

3. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    cool .. that's what i was worried about was it being audible over the drummer in a practice environment.