Line 6 Announces Bass PODxt Live

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Vettavillenl, May 17, 2005.

1. Vettavillenl

May 17, 2005
    Hi Guys

Here are some highlightsto the new Bass PODxt Live;

28 Amp Models
    Over 50 Stompbox, Synth & Studio Effects up to 6 simultaneous
    22 Cab Models
    4 Mic Models
    64 Programmable Patches
    USB digital I/O

more info here
  2. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Harmony Central also has a press release, although it is not listed on Line 6's site yet, and no information on availability.
  3. Vettavillenl

May 17, 2005
  4. bonscottvocals

Feb 10, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Hey, Vettavillenl, caught you on HC yesterday. Yep, it can finally be confirmed, except there's no date and no pricing. I signed up for email notification. Geesh, I hope I'm young enough to play bass by the time they actually get it on the street.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So what's so cool about this thing? :eyebrow:

Would you suggest this or building your own pedalboard with a filter, big muff, etc...?
  6. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Where's the looper ? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
  7. Vettavillenl

May 17, 2005

Yeah I know, if you go the pressrelease on and scroll down there's an indication to what it'll cost for Holland and the UK...

it'll give you an idea
  8. bonscottvocals

Feb 10, 2005
    Upstate NY
    As soon as I move to Holland or the UK, I'll look that up. It's got no direct correlation to the pricing in the states, as there may or may not be tarriff's, trade agreement, different demand, etc...
  9. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Build your own pedalboard. More flexibility, better tone, interchangeable components, etc...

Tried the Bass Pod Pro, didn't like it one bit. :scowl:
  10. Why the better tone? It's digital.. The converters? Internal resolution?
  11. konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    i still prefer my rackmount POD
  12. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Is it just me or does this thing seem just a leeeeetle similar to boss gt6...
    I'd love to hear some a/b comparisons/ opinions.
  13. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Look at the Digitech GNX2000, Boss GT-8, and the PODxt Live (guitar and bass). They all look the same.

It doesn't appear there is anything new as far as effects and modeling than the Bass PODxt or xt Pro. May a couple more amp models. I'm definitely going to check it out when it hits the street.
  14. I don't believe any sound in a GT6 can compare favorably against the POD xt sounds... A few days ago I tested a GT6 against a POD xt live (guitar units) through headphones. The GT6 was much more "Zoomy" sounding to me. The amp models on the POD were really convincing. I also tested the distortions side-by-side to a Mesa Double Rectifier and a Marshall Mode Four. Hard to pick any difference. There can be differences, but the quality of distortion is top notch. Think Line 6 Amp Farm. I haven't tested the Bass unit yet of course, but I bet it's also nothing like a GT6b, for the better.
  15. I've been waiting for a bass version to come out although I will reserve my opinions until I hear it first-hand. I will say though that I expect it to sound better than the boss. I have a line6 duoverb amp for my guitar stuff and I love the sounds I can get out of it. A few people have said that it sounds close to vintage amplifiers but not quite. I personaly don't care how "close" it is. I'm not trying to replace vintage amp sounds. I love the way it sounds. I'm looking forward to checking out the pedalboard!
  16. Derakh Djinn

Derakh Djinn

May 23, 2005
    I've never really been too impressed with Line6, all their guitar stuff sounds very tin-like compaired to the Boss unites I've used. I guess maybe its personal preference?
  17. Certainly! I don't know what it is about my duoverb but it sounds good. I get compliments all of the time. One of my guitar playing friends has it at his house because he won't play through his own amp any more and he has a laney. I think it comes down to what the sound is in your head that you are looking for. Just like pups, wood combos, pedals and anything else in this business. Some like... some don't. I have a Furman SPB8 with quite a bit of pedals on it. Even if this thing rocks... they aren't getting replaced. I just new that this was coming down the pike and as the technology progresses... so does the quality. I don't think they will get digital to sound like analog anytime in the near future... but remember when anyone could tell if a recording was digital?
  18. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    anyone else like the synth in that little demo video of that guy on the variax?

i like how it sounds off my speakers and headphones, and i was wondering if it works that well with non-variax basses as it sounds pretty good and looks to respond quickly from his playing speed.
  19. mrtreacle

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I have one of these arriving any day now, I'll give a full review as soon as I can.
  20. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    So I was all hot and bothered about this... But then...

Disaster struck...

I decided to ditch 99.9% of all my digital pedals and replace them with their analog counterparts, yup... Thats right. So no PODxt Live for me, I am going back old school - no more digital modling, no more digital reverb - all going...