1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Line 6 Backtrack vs. ????

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by J.Nuno, Jul 25, 2012.

1. J.Nuno

J.Nuno

Aug 8, 2010
    Portugal
    Hi,

I was searching a local online store with some articles on sale and I found this "Line 6 Backtrack" for about 50€. I saw what it was capable and thought "this is great" of but only then I realized it was without the Mic. The Mic version costs about 150€, 3 times more. Now that's an inconvenience... :spit:

The search show only threads from 2009 and by now I wanted to know if, compared to new models, this one is still considered good.

I just play at home for now so I don't need anything very fancy, I just wanted to record my playing and be able to copy it to my computer. Since I don't want to buy new a soundcard for my PC I thought this could be a good idea.

By the way, could you confirm me this?:

With this kind of device am I able to:

- Record directly from the bass (with direct jack cable)? The only controls I get is the knobs on the bass right?

- Mic the amp directly (does anyone knows if this gives good quality sound? I mean buzz, back noise...?)

- Bass ---Jack--> Amp --Jack-->Line6 (is this possible?)

Thanks a lot guys.