Line 6 bass amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by relayer66, Jul 13, 2005.

1. relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Miura, Japan
    I was talking to the manager at the local GC the other day and he said that Line 6 was secretly working on a series of bass amps, and trying to gauge how much interest there would be. He told me not to say anything because it is a big secret...right! You guys aren't going to tell anyone, are you?
    Not sure if I would go for something like this, I'm looking at T-Funk or EA for my next rig. Still, I wonder how good these might be, after all our 6-string cousins seem to like their guitar amps. And they have a pretty wide range of models.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    The guitar amps are among the worst sounding amps out there. I'd imagine the bass amps would be the same.
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Yeah, a company secret, so they tell GC store managers . . . riiiiiiiggghhht.

I'll judge them for myself, but my singer/guitarist COULDN'T WAIT to get rid of his Line 6 combo and extension cab, and neither could the rest of the band. It got about 199 different tones of suck. All of us tried to help him get a better tone out of it, but none of us could find the 'suck knob OFF' switch.

4. I have to agree with this. I played with a guitarist recently using a modeling amp... and it sounded like I was playing with a CD of a guitarist.... the tones did approximate what they were supposed to sound like... but no life or punch to them. I feel the same way about the bass pod products.... those that I've heard live and the few times I've tried them. Of course, as always, IMO