1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

line 6 bass pod or behringer bass v amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassray, Oct 16, 2003.

1. bassray

bassray

Mar 3, 2003
    hi, im in the market for either a bass pod or a bass vamp, but not sure which is better...Any Suggestions?

2. I got the bass pod xt(newest model) and it is very good. You got to fiddle to get your sound but it has a lot to it. a real lot. Especially good for direct recording but I use it at practice and it sounds nice once I start to find my tone.

3. citizen

citizen

Jan 24, 2003
    FRANCE,paris
    I used to play on the bass pod last year, and i tried the V amp for bass.
    No need to compre, bass pod is really better in amps, effects and cabs.

Now i play with a bass pod xt, and the sound is to DIE!!!!!

4. Yeah, you just have to mess with all the settings(which can be a pain) but it is a nice investment. I have the XT also.

5. citizen

citizen

Jan 24, 2003
    FRANCE,paris
    Take the time, and ll get the sound!!!!!!!!

the difference between v amp and bass pod:
    bass pod is a professionnal instrument!

6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    THe PoD.

I just purchased a Bass VAMP PRO, instead of getting the POD (the old one, not the XT) wich I have already used for recording and got great results...
    Now I have been trying my new VAMP, and it doesnt compare at all, the sounds are almost all the same, in a Live situation it doesnt sound quite right..
    It clips. The POD instead is very well designed for a constant output , its a lot better for recording.