Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

line 6 bass pod or behringer bass v amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassray, Oct 16, 2003.

1. bassray

bassray

Mar 3, 2003
    hi, im in the market for either a bass pod or a bass vamp, but not sure which is better...Any Suggestions?

2. I got the bass pod xt(newest model) and it is very good. You got to fiddle to get your sound but it has a lot to it. a real lot. Especially good for direct recording but I use it at practice and it sounds nice once I start to find my tone.

3. citizen

citizen

Jan 24, 2003
    FRANCE,paris
    I used to play on the bass pod last year, and i tried the V amp for bass.
    No need to compre, bass pod is really better in amps, effects and cabs.

Now i play with a bass pod xt, and the sound is to DIE!!!!!

4. Yeah, you just have to mess with all the settings(which can be a pain) but it is a nice investment. I have the XT also.

5. citizen

citizen

Jan 24, 2003
    FRANCE,paris
    Take the time, and ll get the sound!!!!!!!!

the difference between v amp and bass pod:
    bass pod is a professionnal instrument!

6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    THe PoD.

I just purchased a Bass VAMP PRO, instead of getting the POD (the old one, not the XT) wich I have already used for recording and got great results...
    Now I have been trying my new VAMP, and it doesnt compare at all, the sounds are almost all the same, in a Live situation it doesnt sound quite right..
    It clips. The POD instead is very well designed for a constant output , its a lot better for recording.