line 6 bass pod users anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nailuj1987, Nov 24, 2004.

1. heloo guys :D

well i've been looking round for a new head and speaker lately and i came across this little device called a bass pod Xt made by line 6. yeah, i'm considering buying really seems to do wonders(its is supposed to produce sounds of great amps and all and has a whole bunch of effects built in :eyebrow: ...check it out guys). i was wondering if anyone has experienced using it... and oso are there other better versions of this product and du u guys have any recommendations on the speakers 2 use.

someone please give me advice on this.

God bless. :)
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I had a Bass Pod (not XT).

Among the numerous amps it emulates, only a few emulations sounded decent, IMO. I think of Sunn Coliseum, SWR, Mesa Boogie, Eden and Ampeg Portaflex. The other ones were very approximate.

Unless you really need to emulate other players' tones as close as possible (and the Bass Pod will NOT do it accurately), I believe you'd better find a "real" amp or preamp that will be able to deliver your own tone with authority.

Just my opinion, of course.

3. thanks for ur input jean. but i'm really lost here... whether to get the regular head +cab or stick with this. there are several pluses to this device here... direct to the PA etc... And the other thing about getting a head is that a decent one gets pretty pricey over here in Singapore... most places don't even offer them in fact.