Line 6 Bass POD XT Live Vs Boss GT6B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dontbesobassist, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Please help me out guys. I've been researching both these pedals for a while now and I'm still undecided. I do want a multi effects processor as well as my current stomp boxes so I have access to amp modelling as well as the ability to completely mess with sounds and really get some unique tones. I've tried out the Bass Pod XT but not the GT6B. So far I havent heard that many sounds for the GT6B. Can anyone suggest which one may be better, or give me advice if you own or have had some experience with either of these pedals. (IF you have used the Bass Pod XT then I would like your comments as well. I only chose to put the Bass POD XT live against the GT6 because its floor bases with pedals. Any suggestions and tips would be really helpful. Thanks in advance
  2. gvr4wd

May 15, 2001
    It dpends on what you need... Not one is over the other... BOD has better amp modeling, but GT6B has better effects. Why can't we have both in one unit?

I've just bought a Bod Live and been playing with it for a week. I could get a lot of great amp sounds as well as effects, but their manual $UCKs!
  3. S Lewis

S Lewis

May 23, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    i just bought the XT Live last week and i am very very happy with it.

4. i don't know how much this will help, but i know the pod models boss as well as others, but does boss go outside boss for their effect models?

i don't actually know, this is more of a question than advice i guess :)

it might help with the decision making process :)
  5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May I suggest the Korg AX-3000B. It's a fair competitor to the 2 others, a much better option actually if you ask me.
  6. superkicky

Sep 3, 2005
    RE the question of whether Boss models stuff outside of Boss; yes they do. The GT8 (for guitar) has Twin Reverb and TS9 emulation, as well as cab emulation. At least, that's all I got to try on my friend's GT8, but I don't see why the bass version shouldn't have the equivalents as well.
  7. +1 on that!

I love my Live - still haven't even scratched the surface. I have found that the presets are nice but mostly kind of bland in terms of the effects, and once you get into tweaking each effect individually you find that they are really very good.
  8. sj_sparks

Feb 22, 2006
    Has anyone tried the Digitech GNX3000 yet?

I am waiting for my local store to get one in.
    I intend to use it for both guitar and bass - I have heard good things about it's guitar amp modelling but nothing re its bass abilities.

It will be used for home practics and recording primarily, but the same patches should then be ready for running throught the PA for live work. (I hope).
  9. I've used both, I still have the GT6. They are both pretty good, but the GT6 just has more options IMO... I can't really say that one is better quality than the other, to my ears they were both equaly good, but not xceptional
  10. Hi Guys,
    I've had both units. Unfortunetly I really enjoyed both but got so frustrated surfing through menus and tweaking and tweaking that I sold them. the Boss GT is great.Yes it does model effects outside of the Boss realm.i.e Big Muff,Facial Fuzz,MXR Comp,Ampeg SVT,B-15 Models,Trace Elliot,SWR,Fender Bassman. The Bass Pod Live is wonderful too. But I think the effects are better on the Boss and it dosen't have as many connection choices as the Boss.Unfortunetly there isn't an editor for the GT as far as I know. Hope this helps!

Boss GT-6B-So So Amp Models,Great Effects,Really need time to tweak properly,Great Noise suppresion!Tons of connection options.

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live-Amazing amp models, Effects are OK.
  11. S Lewis

S Lewis

May 23, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    you can get an excellent Murf-style effect with the XT Live's Random S+H effect