Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line 6 Bass POD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by natedawg5280, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Is this worth the money? And are effects even worth it? Or should I just look for a nice amp. Also what does the pedal do with it?

:bag:

2. Charr

Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I have the POD xt - i live in a pretty small apartment, where people dont appriciate the fina art of bass playing ;)

anyhow, i bought one as a "headphone practice amp" and for that purpose its REALLY cool! also as a preamp, because of the Amp simulators :)

The effects are pretty lousy tho (at least I think so), så if you´re interested in effects, buy something else, cause you wont be happy with this puppy (except the Analog chorus which is really cool!)

hope it helps :)

3. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well, when this first came out is seemed to be all the rage, but now that it's cooled I've seen a few people move away from it. Many like it, but I am a bit of a purist myself so I think that very few things can touch the quality of a good analog set up.

Ted

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've seen them go with floorboards and mic stand mount for $150. I'd snatch one up at a price that low.

5. "The effects are pretty lousy tho (at least I think so), så if you´re interested in effects, buy something else, cause you wont be happy with this puppy (except the Analog chorus which is really cool!)"

A pre amp.. you mean have it and a big speaker?

6. And anyone know what a pedal will do with it?

7. if you get that four button thing, it'll let you slelect patches that you assign to it, there's also a floorboard you could buy that does the same thing, and i believe it has some more buttons that let you turn on/off single effects

8. jpo259

jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

I'm not too sure what this whole thread is talking about. IMO, the POD is history. The POD XT is the standard now. The pedal that can be used with the Bass POD XT is the FBV Shortboard. It allows you to access every preset in the POD's memory. It allows you to turn on/off effects. It allows you to acces effects and change their parameters. It allows you to acces the POD's tuner, and mutes the system when you are tuning. With the XT, you can 'build' something like 64 virtual pedal boards, all with different combinations of effects. And these can all be accesed by the floorboard. All this with your feet.

No POD will ever be right for everybody right out of the box. I have taken 12 presets I liked, tweaked them even more to my liking, and set them up to be accessable 1-12 with the floorboard. I have assigned each of them 4 effects. I can turn on or off the effects as I see fit. And I can change the effects easily with my feet. My POD has 12 presets with effects that I have used live now for over a year. I have them just how I want them, and the floorboard makes it so, so easy to use live. If you are not planning to use the POD live, don't get a floorboard.

Edit: It also (the floorboard) has a volume pedal and a wah pedal.

9. Ok, how much money is the floorboard?

10. jpo259

jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

I think the FBV Shortboard lists for $350.00. I got mine at a Guitar Center for $225.00.

FBV Shortboard:

Attached Files: