Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line 6 Bass Podxt Live - in Australia???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass349, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Anybody have any idea when the Bass PODxt Live will be coming to Australia (if it will, that is)? I'm assuming we don't have it here because i couldn't find anything on the net.. We seem to have the guitar version, but not the bass.

I'm rather keen on getting one, and if they're not coming for a while i may be forced to buy one from the US - and i'd definately rather buy it locally.

soooo.. what's the word on the street? Are these babies coming for trip down under any time soon?

2. They've got one in Brisbane Billy Hyde.

3. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    yeah,

all the billy hydes stores have them..

i think pro music have them and maybe try venuemusic in sydney too, they both ship...

4. funk_dat_jazz

funk_dat_jazz

Mar 10, 2006
    they have them in wagga and thats a place in australia that you could shoot agun down the main street et night and not hit anyone.

5. cool, thanks guys. i guess i jumped the gun a bit. for some reason google wasn't coming up with much when i tried!

6. Hey, another perth bassist :)

Theyve got one in Mega Music on sale for about $850 i think.

7. Ahhh cool.. Thanks for that :) I'm heading out mega music way tomorrow, so i may have to drop by and check it out!

On a side note.. I was out dropping my PA off to get fixed a few days ago at Zentek electronics, a few streets away from Kosmic Sound. Man, that place frustrates me so much!!! When i finally found somebody to get some service, the guy just kinda blew me off and was like "yeah, they're around the $1000 mark" and walked away. I stood there for a few moments, then went up to the counter and waited another 5 minutes for somebody to serve me.. When i finally got a chance to ask if i could try one out (there were none on the floor, all in boxes), the guy told me that he'd be right with me... And then just did a disappearing trick like the last guy. I waited for another 10 minutes.. and then got the hell out of there. Those guys seriously don't deserve my custom. that's happened to me so many times.. it seems every time i walk out of that place i swear to myself that i'll never return! they have the worst customer servise of ANY store i've been to, not just music stores!!!

ahhhrrr... glad i got that off my chest :D

8. No worries. I was just in there picking up my cab, and i saw it and realised it was just the bass pod xt. the long black one wwith chrome bars and expression pedal. Still looks pretty sweet if your into multi units.

Speaking of kosmic, thats the worst place ive ever been too. There arent enough people working there for how big the place is. No one is helpful, i wanted to try some EHX pedals, but i couldnt because they didnt have an adapter to fit them, and wouldnt get a 9V, and it took half an hour to get served. I swore never to go back there, and i never will.

Peace
    Blake

9. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    $850aus seems expensive to me. i bought mine used from the US (I live in Canada) for $200USD. Surely even with the conversion and shipping its got to be much cheaper than $850aus.

10. We get hammered with our prices over here. It sucks big time. Take for instance a Fender Geddy Lee sig. In america, the sell for about 700-800 US, which is about $1000 AUS, maybe a bit less. I just ordered one, and the RRP is $1899 AUS, i payed $1400 for mine. It sucks.