Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line 6 BOD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Not Mark Westlake, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Hey,
    Well, just checked the entry requirements for the Academy of Contemporary Music (www.acm.ac.uk), and they say that "For bass players a Line 6 BOD would be desireable", or words to that effect.

To cut a long story short:

I'm confused.

Our lead guitarist has a Line 6 POD, but what the funk are they? He suggested asking on here 'cos he knows all about his but isn't sure about the bass one. Where can I have a look at one on the net? What do they actually do?

Thanks very much for any help,

Mark.

2. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Hi,
    Thats the bass POD, not BOD. Essentially, the Bass POD is an amp & cab modeller with various effects built into it.

I've tried one a couple times... it's a neat tool to have around. Around here though, there have been some pretty heated debates about the POD. Run the search function and you'll find a whole host of stuff about it.

also, check here: http://line6.com/productpage.asp?productID=24

3. That's a pretty cool tool - thanks for the info! Might have to get me one of them...our guitarist swears by his - although not for live stage performances 'cos it sounds to "sterile" - and seeing as the Institutes and Academies I wanna try and get in suggest it, it seems to be quite a good option...

So yeah, thanks for the link (Y)

Mark.