1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Line 6 BOD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Not Mark Westlake, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Hey,
    Well, just checked the entry requirements for the Academy of Contemporary Music (www.acm.ac.uk), and they say that "For bass players a Line 6 BOD would be desireable", or words to that effect.

To cut a long story short:

I'm confused.

Our lead guitarist has a Line 6 POD, but what the funk are they? He suggested asking on here 'cos he knows all about his but isn't sure about the bass one. Where can I have a look at one on the net? What do they actually do?

Thanks very much for any help,

Mark.

2. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Hi,
    Thats the bass POD, not BOD. Essentially, the Bass POD is an amp & cab modeller with various effects built into it.

I've tried one a couple times... it's a neat tool to have around. Around here though, there have been some pretty heated debates about the POD. Run the search function and you'll find a whole host of stuff about it.

also, check here: http://line6.com/productpage.asp?productID=24

3. That's a pretty cool tool - thanks for the info! Might have to get me one of them...our guitarist swears by his - although not for live stage performances 'cos it sounds to "sterile" - and seeing as the Institutes and Academies I wanna try and get in suggest it, it seems to be quite a good option...

So yeah, thanks for the link (Y)

Mark.