Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler Pedal - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by InfinityJaco, Apr 25, 2005.

1. InfinityJaco

Jun 5, 2001

I just got a Line 6 DL4 Delay pedal from the guitarist in my band because he broke the tap/tempo button (although I think the spring just popped off). I'm trying to get the circuit board out, but I'm having trouble. I've unscrewed all of the screws and nuts attached to the button and input/outputs, but it won't budge. The only things that are still connected are the knobs for the Delay Time/Repeats/Tweak/Tweez/etc. Is this what's holding the circuit board in place? If so, how do I get these knobs off? Or, if it's not, how do I get the board out?!

I'm not interested in sending it to Line 6 because I know it's an easy fix once I get past the board issue. And I don't care about warrenty/liability/whatever since I'm not the original owner.

Chris :confused: :meh:
  2. Sounds like you're probably right about the knobs holding it in place. I can't think of what else they would connect to besides the board.
  3. InfinityJaco

Jun 5, 2001
    Yeh, any suggestions on how to get the knobs off? I tried twisting them past where they stop, but they didn't budge and I dont want to break them off.
  4. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I just had the same problem with mine last week and fixed it.

Use a pair of plyers to pull the knobs straight off. They do not screw on.

The circuit board is held together by a few things.

The center screw pole has to be unscrewed out. (the metal raised piece that is for the center bass screw)

Around the input/output jacks are plastic black nuts, they have to come off as well.

Hope this helps.