Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line 6 Echo Park Help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I've been trying to nail the delay sound that Claypool gets in "Eclectic Electric" and it's hard to get. I tried Multi 1, and if cranked the mix up all the way. It may be just my pedal, but when my mix pedal is up all the way, is it supposed to not pick up the first note? Anyways, it would be right without the first note of the delaying sequence. With the mix up all the way, it's right, but a beat behind. I'm reading the manual and it says it uses stereo, but i'm running it in mono. Is this the problem? Please help.

2. The mix sets the ratio between the first note and all of the delays. Back it off a bit and it should help. 9 o'clock is about even.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    But the thing is that it plays one too many notes with it cranked up all the way.

4. Backing off the repeat setting a tad doesn't help? That controls how long the effect goes. I don't really know what you are going for with matching the song but I bet that this is not going to be your fix. Sounds like you've tweeked all of the knobs. I wonder what The Clayman actually used?

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah, i've messed with the knobs a lot. I'm pretty sure he used the Line 6 DL4.

6. Hmmmm I've heard it's the same pedal as the DL4 sans features but it seems that it's a little different.

Is there anyone out there who can help a brother out?!?!?! I'm obviously not the one! :help: :ninja:

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    You either have to many repeats or you're playing one to many notes. If it is perfect with the mix all the way up but a beat off, start the sequence a beat early, these are some of the main factors of using delays especially in bands.

Hope this helps

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Ok. Using a delay opens up a whole new level of playing I see. :p :) I tried starting a beat before, and it sounded good, until I started playing along with the CD. :smug:

Thanks for your help guys! :)