Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line 6 Echo Parl bypass question.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CallMeBlind, Feb 21, 2006.

1. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    I'm waiting for Fulltone Bass-Drive and Line 6 Echo Park at the moment. And as I know Echo Park is not true bypass, hope Fulltone is. How bad is EP's s bypass? I'm asking because I want to order loooper to put moogerfooger in and I'm choosing between 1 and 2 loops. If EP's bypass is quite good, I will simply save some coins and go for 1 loop. ;)

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    The Echo Park IS true bypass...

3. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    Here's information from Line 6 FAQ :
    "Are ToneCore pedals "true bypass"?
    No. They use an FET style switching that removes the A/D converter from the audio when in Bypass."

I have no idea what is FET style switching is, maybe it is as good as true bypass.

4. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC

I use an Echo Park and I am quite satisfied with the bypass. I don't notice any change with it in or out of the chain when bypassed.

BUT: you might consider getting an extra loop anyway. For one, you may want it down the line for something else. Or, you might want to put the EP in a loop, anyway. I use the tap tempo on many songs, and I find that on stage I can get a little loose sometimes and accidentally turn the delay on when I am only trying to match up tempo with the drummer. Having the pedal in a loop allows me to leave it on, or not worry about accidentally tunring it on, until I hit the looper.

And then there are the tails, sometimes you want them when the pedal is turned off and sometimes not, and the looper allows you to leave them on on the pedal but kill them with the loop.