1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 , Eleven Rack info...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HemiBob, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Higuys,

I want to go the digital route, in order to be able to jam at home and maybe eventually record. I am looking for a unit that can do both bass and guitar but primarily bass for now. My choices are down to thePOD hd series and the Eleven Rack.

I have done some research but a looking for more input, advice. I understand the POD does bi-amping which gives a lot of flexibility to tone tweaking. The Eleven Rack has the dedicated SVT amp.

I am looking for a comparison as stand alone units. I know the Eleven Rack can be had with Pro tools software which is a plus on its own but I want to go for the best unit soundwise. I am using a Warwick Thumb 6 and mostly play rock/metal.

Thanks for any input.

...also posted in effects forum...

2. Bump

3. Kanekutter05

Kanekutter05

Apr 29, 2015
    Colorado
    Honestly the sounds are so close in quality as far as both units go...you can't go wrong with either unit.

I think the thing that puts the 11R over the edge is the copy of pro tools you get with it. Heck I don't even like ProTools so as soon as I got my 11R I sold the activation card on eBay for $350. That took the price of the bundle I got on Sweetwater down to $600...which for a standalone guitar & bass amp sim/USB interface plus a Voodoo Labs Ground Control MIDI foot controller and a MIDI cable is a pretty damn good deal.

If you do go with Line 6 though, stick to the HD500X. That's got a TON of killer sounds, and if you pair it up with a Variax guitar you can really explore a lot of different stuff. The guys in Twelve Foot Ninja all use Variax guitars into a HD500X for their touring rigs and that's it...and they sound freaking HUGE live.

Either way, they are both excellent pieces of kit and you should be happy with whichever choice you go with I would guess. Cheers man.

Veldar likes this.