1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Line 6 Expression Pedal Issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Green Mind, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Green Mind

Green Mind

Aug 28, 2007
    BC/AB, Canada
    Hey everyone,

Hopefully I can get some advice on the Line 6 Ex-1 I just bought for my M9. It does not seem to be working at all. I've read that in addition to being able to set your own parameters for effects, the M9 comes with some presets for expression pedals. I should be able to control some parameters without editing anything shouldn't? I've attempted to alter the setting in the 'setup' controls of the pedal but it only gives me looper controls, is there a way to switch to other 'setup' options?

While I know not all expression pedals work with all effects with exp. outs I've have tried it with my Behringer BSY600 and Montreal Assembly Wrong Side of Uranus, also nothing.

I'm thinking it's broken or else I'm just too lame to figure this out. Either way I thought I'd check with the experts.

Thanks!

2. Green Mind

Green Mind

Aug 28, 2007
    BC/AB, Canada
    Update/bump: The ex-1 seems to work with my Utter Stutter (though I'm hoping a different model will yield a wider sweep range) so at least it is working. Apologies if the m9/ex-1 setup question has been answered before but I haven't found info and m13 vids have been no help.